Is your Garmin Forerunner 35 giving you trouble? Maybe it’s frozen, displaying incorrect data, or not syncing with your Garmin Connect account. Whatever the problem is, a factory resetting may be the solution, then this blog post is for you.
But before you hit that reset button, there are a few things you need to know.
In this blog post, we will properly describe the process of How to Reset Garmin Forerunner 35, So you can start using this SmartWatch again without any trouble.
What is Garmin Forerunner 35?
The Garmin Forerunner 35 is a GPS running watch that was released in 2015. It is a popular choice for runners of all levels, from beginners to experienced athletes. The Forerunner 35 is known for its accuracy, durability, and ease of use.
Reasons to Reset Garmin Forerunner 35
There are various reasons why might you need to reset your Garmin Forerunner 35 Here are some of the most common ones:
- Fix software glitches: If your watch is freezing, not responding to button presses, or displaying incorrect data, a factory reset can often fix the problem.
- troubleshoot syncing problems: If your watch is having trouble syncing with your Garmin Connect account, a factory reset can help resolve the issue very easily.
- Improve battery life: If your watch’s battery life is suddenly down than usual, a factory reset can help to recalibrate the battery and improve its performance.
- prepare your watch for sale or transfer: If you’re selling or giving away your watch, you’ll want to reset it to factory defaults to erase all of your personal data.
- start fresh: If you want to give your watch a clean slate, a factory reset is the way to do it.
Keep it in mind before resetting
- Back up your data: A factory reset will erase all of the data on your watch, including your activity history, workout settings, and user preferences. So, be sure to back up your watch with your Garmin Connect account before you reset it.
- Know your password: After you reset your watch, you will need to log in to your Garmin Connect account again. So, make sure you know your password.
- If you have any third-party apps installed on your watch, you will need to reinstall them after the reset.
- Charge your device: Make sure your Forerunner 35 has sufficient battery charge ( at least 50%) before attempting a reset.
- Be patient: It may take a few minutes for your watch to reset. Don’t interrupt the process by turning off your watch or pressing any buttons.
How to Reset Garmin Forerunner 35
There are two types of resets that you can perform on your Garmin Forerunner 35: a soft reset and a factory reset.
A soft reset is a simple way to restart your watch and can often fix minor software glitches. To perform a soft reset:
- Hold down the Power/Light button for 15 seconds.
- Your watch will turn off.
- Wait a few seconds.
- Hold down the Power/Light button again to turn your watch back on.
You can also read this article Reset Fitbit Blaze
A factory reset is a more drastic measure that will erase all of the data on your watch, It should only be used if a soft reset does not fix the problem you are experiencing. To perform a factory reset:
- Press the Power/Light button to wake up your watch.
- Hold down the Up button and press the Down button to enter the menu.
- Scroll down to Settings and press the Down button to select it.
- Scroll down to System and press the Down button to select it.
- Scroll down to Restore Defaults and press the Down button to select it.
- Press the Right button to confirm that you want to reset your watch.
- Your watch will reset and turn off.
- Wait a few seconds.
- Hold down the Power/Light button to turn your watch back on.
Here are some troubleshooting tips for your Garmin Forerunner 35:
- Clean your watch’s sensors: The sensors on your watch can become dirty or dusty over time, which can affect their accuracy. To clean your watch’s sensors, use a damp cloth to wipe them down.
- Update your watch’s software: Garmin regularly releases software updates for its watches that can fix bugs and add new features. To update your watch’s software, connect it to your computer and run Garmin Express.
- Contact Garmin support: If you are still having trouble with your watch, contact Garmin support for assistance.
ALSO READ:- Factory Reset Your Amazfit T Rex
What is the difference between a soft reset and a hard reset on my Garmin Forerunner 35?
A soft reset is a simple way to restart your Garmin Forerunner 35 and fix minor problems, such as a frozen screen or unresponsive buttons. A hard reset, on the other hand, will erase all of your data and settings, and restore the watch to its factory default state.
How do I perform a soft reset on my Garmin Forerunner 35?
To perform a soft reset on your Garmin Forerunner 35, press and hold the power button for 15 seconds. The watch will turn off and then restart on its own.
How do I perform a hard reset on my Garmin Forerunner 35?
To perform a hard reset on your Garmin Forerunner 35, go to Menu > Settings > System > Store Defaults. Then, select Yes to confirm. The watch will erase all of your data and settings and restart.
Will I lose my data if I perform a soft reset on my Garmin Forerunner 35?
No, you will not lose any data if you perform a soft reset on your Garmin Forerunner 35. A soft reset simply restarts the watch without erasing any data.
Can I recover my data if I accidentally perform a hard reset on my Garmin Forerunner 35?
Unfortunately, you cannot recover your data if you accidentally perform a hard reset on your Garmin Forerunner 35. A hard reset completely erases all of your data and settings from the watch.
This blog post is all about How to Reset the Garmin Forerunner 35, A soft reset can help fix minor software glitches on your Garmin Forerunner 35. A factory reset will erase all data on your watch but can fix more serious problems.
Before doing a factory reset, be sure to sync your watch with Garmin Connect to back up your data.
Even if there is any doubt regarding this topic, then comment below. I will definitely reply to you.
I hope this blog is helpful for you and thanks for reading our blog.