Fitbit Sense is a smartwatch that tracks your fitness activity, sleep, and other health metrics.
It’s a great way to stay motivated and reach your fitness goals. However, sometimes your Fitbit Sense may need to be reset.
This could be for a variety of reasons, such as if it’s not syncing properly if it’s frozen, or if you’re selling it or giving it away to customers.
But one question comes to mind: How to Reset Fitbit Sense. Don’t worry If you want to know How to Reset Fitbit Sense, read this article.
In this blog post, We will properly describe on this topic, So you can understand it easily.
Why might you need to reset your Fitbit Sense?
There are a few reasons Why might you need to reset your Fitbit Sense:
- Troubleshooting: If your Fitbit Sense is not syncing properly, freezing, or having other performance issues, a reset can be one of the best solutions.
- Updating your Fitbit Sense: If you are having trouble updating your Fitbit Sense, a factory reset can sometimes help to resolve the issue.
- Selling or giving away your Fitbit Sense: If you are selling or giving away your Fitbit Sense, it is important to perform a factory reset to erase all of your personal data from the device.
Keep in Mind before Resetting
Before resetting your Fitbit Sense, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
Backup your data: A factory reset will erase all of the data on your Fitbit Sense. So make sure to back up your data before performing a factory reset.
Have your Fitbit account information ready: You will need your Fitbit account information to set up your Fitbit Sense after the reset is complete.
Unpair your Fitbit Sense from your smartphone or tablet: You will need to unpair your Fitbit Sense from your smartphone or tablet before performing a factory reset.
Be patient: The factory reset process may take a few minutes to complete. Do not interrupt the reset process.
Soft reset vs Hard reset
The main difference between a soft reset and a hard reset is that a soft reset does not erase any data from the device, while a hard reset does.
Like restarting your smartphone, a soft reset is just a straightforward device restart. It is typically the first thing to attempt when troubleshooting issues and can help address minor software malfunctions.
On the other hand, a hard reset, also known as a factory reset, erases all data and settings on your device like heart rate monitor, fitness activity, and sleep.
You can also read this article Factory Reset Your Amazfit T Rex
Steps to Soft Reset Your Fitbit Sense
Here are the steps to soft reset your Fitbit Sense:
- Press and hold the side button on your Fitbit.
- Continue holding the button for 10 seconds.
- When you see the Fitbit logo appear on the screen, release the button.
- Your Fitbit will restart within a few seconds.
Once your Fitbit has restarted, you can use it as usual.
Steps to Hard Reset Your Fitbit Sense
To hard reset your Fitbit Sense, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your Fitbit Sense.
- Scroll down and tap About.
- Scroll down and tap Factory Reset.
- Tap Yes to confirm that you want to factory reset your Fitbit Sense.
Your Fitbit Sense will restart and begin the factory reset process.
This may take a few minutes to complete. Once the factory reset is complete, your Fitbit Sense will be restored to its factory default settings.
Here are some additional troubleshooting tips for your Fitbit Sense:
- Make sure that your Fitbit Sense is running the latest software version. You can check for updates in the Fitbit app.
- Restart your Fitbit Sense regularly. This can help to fix minor software glitches.
- Clean your Fitbit Sense and the charging cable regularly. This will help to ensure that the charging contacts are making a good connection.
- Avoid exposing your Fitbit Sense to extreme temperatures.
- If you are still having problems, contact Fitbit support for assistance.
- In some cases, a reset can help resolve excessive battery drain issues on the Fitbit Sense respectively.
Q: Will a Fitbit Sense reset erase my data?
A: Yes, a Fitbit Sense reset will erase all of your personal data, including your activity tracking data, alarms, goals, and notifications. Be sure to sync your device with your Fitbit account before resetting it, so that you can save your data.
Q: How do I restore my data after resetting my Fitbit Sense?
A: Once you have reset your Fitbit Sense, you can restore your data by syncing your device with your Fitbit account. If you have recently synced your device, your data will be restored automatically. Otherwise, you can manually restore your data by tapping Restore Data in the Fitbit app.
Q: I am selling or giving away my Fitbit Sense. How do I reset it?
A: Before selling or giving away your Fitbit Sense, you should reset it to factory default settings. This will erase all of your personal data, so that the new owner cannot access it.
Q: What will happen to my Fitbit Pay wallet if I reset my Fitbit Sense?
A: Your Fitbit Pay wallet will be deleted if you reset your Fitbit Sense. You will need to re-add your cards to your Fitbit Pay wallet on your new device.
Q: Can I reset my Fitbit Sense from my Fitbit app?
A: No, you cannot reset your Fitbit Sense from your Fitbit app. You must reset your device directly from the device itself.
If you are experiencing problems with your Fitbit Sense, you can try troubleshooting the issue yourself by restarting your device, cleaning it, and checking for software updates.
If you are still having problems, you can contact Fitbit support for assistance.
I hope this blog post is helpful for you. If you have any doubt regarding this topic then please comment below, and I will definitely reply to you. And thanks for reading our blog.