Xiaomi Mi Band 8 is a popular fitness tracker that is known for its affordability and features set. However, like any other electronic device, it can sometimes experience glitches and errors. If you are facing any issues with your Mi Band 8, you may want to try resetting it accordingly.
Resetting your Mi Band 8 will erase all of the data on the device, including your fitness data, settings, and paired devices.
Once you have backed up your data, you can reset your Mi Band 8 in two ways: through the device itself or through the Mi Fitness app.
So in this blog post we will describe you step by step process of How to reset Xiaomi Mi Band 8. So let’s delve it. [How To Reset Xiaomi Mi Band 8]
You Can also read this article How to Set Time in Noise Colorfit Pro 2 Smartwatch
Why might you need to reset your Mi Band 8?
- To fix minor software glitches:- If your Mi Band 8 is experiencing minor software glitches, such as freezing, crashing, or not responding to input an output, a soft reset can often fix the problem.
- To prepare it for a new user:- If you’re selling or giving away your Mi Band 8, you should perform a factory reset to erase all of your personal data , file’s and settings.
- To unpair it from your phone:- If you’re having trouble pairing your Mi Band 8 with your phone, or if you want to pair it with a new phone, you can perform a factory reset to unpair it from its current device.
- To fix major software problems:- If your Mi Band 8 is experiencing major software problems, such as being unable to turn on, charge, or connect to your phone, a factory reset may be the only way to fix the problem only.
Method 1: Resetting the Mi Band 8 through the Settings app
To reset your Mi Band 8 through the Settings app, follow these steps:
- Wake up the Mi Band 8’s display by tapping on it or pressing the side button that means Power button.
- Swipe up or down until you reach the More icon.
- Tap the More icon.
- Swipe up or down until you reach the Settings icon.
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Swipe up or down until you reach the System option.
- Tap the System option.
- Swipe up or down until you reach the Factory Reset option.
- Tap the Factory Reset option.
- Tap the checkmark to confirm the reset.
- Your Mi Band 8 will restart and begin the factory reset process. Once the reset is complete, your Mi Band 8 will be restored to its factory default settings.
Note: Once you reset your Mi Band 8, you will need to pair it with your phone again.
Method 2: Resetting the Mi Band 8 using the Mi Fitness app
To reset your Mi Band 8 using the Mi Fitness app:
- Open the Mi Fitness app on your phone.
- Tap on the Profile tab at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tap on your Mi Band 8 device.
- Tap on Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on Factory reset.
- Tap on Reset to confirm.
- Your Mi Band 8 will restart and all of your data will be erased. Once it has restarted, you will need to pair it with your phone again.
Note: If you have any important data on your Mi Band 8, make sure to back it up before resetting it. [How To Reset Xiaomi Mi Band 8]
ALSO READ:- What Is DND Mode In Fitbit Devices?
Tips for troubleshooting your Mi Band 8
If you are experiencing problems with your Mi Band 8, there are a few things you can try before resorting to a factory reset:
- Restart your Mi Band 8:- A simple restart can often fix minor software glitches.
- Make sure that your Mi Band 8 is properly paired with your smartphone or tablet. If your Mi Band 8 is not paired with your device, it will not be able to sync data or receive updates.
- Check for updates to the Mi Fitness app and the firmware on your Mi Band 8. Xiaomi regularly releases updates that include bug fixes and new features.
- Try charging your Mi Band 8 completely. A low battery can sometimes cause problems with performance.
If you have tried all of the above and you are still experiencing problems with your Mi Band 8, then a factory reset may be the best way to fix them.
What will happen after I factory reset my Xiaomi Mi Band 8?
A factory reset will erase all data and settings on your Mi Band 8. This includes your paired devices, fitness data, and alarms.
What’s the difference between a factory reset and a restart?
A factory reset will erase all data and settings on your Mi Band 8, while a restart will simply reboot the device.
What if I forget the password for my Xiaomi Mi Band 8?
If you forget the password for your Xiaomi Mi Band 8, you can factory reset it to erase the password.
What if I have other problems with my Xiaomi Mi Band 8?
If you have other problems with your Xiaomi Mi Band 8, such as if it’s not syncing properly or not tracking your fitness data accurately, you can try contacting Xiaomi customer support for help.
A factory reset can be a helpful way to fix minor software glitches or other issues with your Xiaomi Mi Band 8. However, it’s important to note that a factory reset will erase all of your data and settings, so you should only do it if necessary.